« back to blog
5 Tips to Protect Against Falls
- Get your vision checked. Being able to see rocky terrain or unstable surfaces will help keep you safe.
- Tying in with our first tip: Check your surroundings for hazards such as uneven surfaces, slippery floors, small rugs, or unstable handrails.
- Be sure to understand how any medications may affect you, including your balance.
- Help ensure your loved ones and those with disabilities have a safe environment adapted to their physical needs.
- Keep your hearing in top shape, starting with hearing exams once a year and whenever you’re having trouble understanding — especially if you’re having difficulty while dining out, watching TV, or talking on the phone.