Tips for Traveling by Plane
- When booking a flight, always sign up for flight change alerts via text or email. If someone else books the flight for you, follow up with the airline to ensure you receive updated information by phone or email.
- Try to book a seat up front where the flight crew can find you and communicate with you if needed.
- Notify the flight staff and flight crew of your communication needs and ask them to let you know if there are any travel changes.
- Leave your hearing technology in place. Hearing aids and cochlear implants do not have to be removed before going through airport scanners.
- Airlines prohibit deaf and hard of hearing persons from sitting in exit row seats for safety reasons.
If you’re not sure what you should do, contact Little Rock Audiology today.